- Joy began dancing at the age of three in a dance exploration class in a small gym in Los Angles. It was there where she fostered a love for movement and expression through dance. As she grew she trained at many different studios around the Santa Monica and Los Angeles area including the Santa Monica Dance Studio, The Marat Daukeyev School of Ballet, The Yuri Gregoriev School of Ballet, and The Westside Academy of Ballet.
- Before being introduced to serious Vaganova training, Joy trained mainly at Westside Academy of Ballet under the directorship of Yvounne Mounsey. She was exposed to many good teachers and participated in numerous Nutcrackers and Spring repertory shows.
- In the summer of 2006, Joy moved with her family to Austin, Texas. After a brief stint at Ballet Austin, Joy began training seriously as a pupil of the Vaganova pedagogy with Jennifer Felkner at Austin School of Classical Ballet.
- In the spring of 2007, Joy participated in Youth American Grand Prix.
- After an audition in the spring of 2007, Joy was invited to the Kirov Academy of Ballet with twenty five percent scholarship for the summer session and also admittance into the year-round program. She studied at the Kirov from 2007 to 2009 and finished level three under guidance from Madame Mariana Lobanova and Roudolf Kharatian with top marks in character dance, classical dance, and repertoire.
- In 2007 Joy attended the first annual Los Angeles Ballet Summer Intensive on scholarship.
- During the breaks of the 2007-2008 school year, Joy studied on a scholarship at the Los Angles Ballet School and the Yuri Gregoriev School of Ballet.
- During the summer of 2008, Joy attended American Ballet Theatre summer intensive in New York while taking classes at Steps on Broadway with world renowned teachers David Howard, Alexander Filipov, Edward Ellison, Fabrice Herrault, and Wilhelm Burmann. She also attended Los Angles Ballet Intensive and Yuri Gregoriev’s Summer Intensive on half scholarship.
- In the summer of 2009, Joy received a unique opportunity to be featured in the commencement gala of the Bolshoi Ballet’s Summer Intensive in New York City. This was her first opportunity to expand a solo repertoire and she danced title roles in Paquita, Don Quixote, and Character roles. She was saluted by the director of the academy, Marina Leonova.
- In 2009 Joy was one of the first American dancers to be offered a three year contract with the Bolshoi Ballet Academy (Moscow State Academy of Choreography) in Moscow.
- In 2011, Joy was awarded the Grand Prix award at the Youth America Grand Prix in Paris, France.
- In 2012 Joy became the first American to graduate from the Bolshoi Academy’s 3-year Russian course
- In 2012 Joy became the first American woman to be invited to dance with the Bolshoi Ballet Theater, signing a soloist contract with the company
- In December 2012 Joy danced the Sugar Plum Fairy with Westside Ballet of Santa Monica in memory of her beloved mentor, Westside’s former Director, Yvonne Mounsey.
- In August 2013 Joy was announced the winner of the 2013 Asian Grand Prix award
- In January 2014 Joy had her premiere with the Kremlin Ballet Theater, dancing the role of Clara (Marie) in a production of The Nutcracker.
- In April 2014 Joy was awarded 2nd place in the Arabesque Ballet competition in Perm
- In the spring of 2014 Joy was named a principal dancer at the Kremlin Ballet Theater in Moscow, Russia.
Currently Joy is employed at the Kremlin Ballet Theater in Moscow, Russia as a principal dancer.